Dog Walkers and Sitters
As a member of the DWSA you are expected to endeavor to comply with the following
Best Practice Guidelines and Code of Conduct
- Ensure the health and safety of any dog in your care at all times.
- Keep dogs in your care under control at all times.
- Have a genuine care, respect and courtesy for all animals, the public, other dog walkers and sitters, online groups and environments at all times.
- Ensure security of clients’ property following all visits, collection and return of dogs.
- Be up to date on and aware of all relevant laws associated with dog control and handling, local council by-laws, and estate management.
- Obtain any necessary permits and comply with the requirements.
- Ensure all dogs in your care have correctly fitted collars/harnesses.
- Ensure all dogs in your care are microchipped and name tagged.
- Clean up after dogs in and dispose of waste properly in line with current legislation.
- Ensure all dogs in your care are transported in a safe and legal manner.
- Provide sufficient Public Liability Insurance for your services.
- Only exercise a maximum of 4 dogs per person at one time in a public area.
- Carry a dog first aid kit at all times.
- Do not poach clients from other local dog walking businesses.
- Do not use harsh or aversive punishment for dogs in your care.
- Do not disclose private, personal or confidential information about clients as per data protection law and GDPR.
- Do not falsely advertise any service or credentials.
- Conduct yourself at all times so as not to bring the DWSA into disrepute.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The Dog Walkers & Sitters Association is registered with the ICO and complies with the General Data Protection Register (GDPR) 2018.
Description of processing
The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organisation has provided or contact the organisation to ask about your personal circumstances.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide services, to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our members and the end user.
Type/classes of information processed: We process information relating to the above reasons/purposes. This information may include:
- Email address
- Any and all information gathererd as a result of a DBS check
Who the information is processed about:
Members and their references
We process personal information about:
Members and their references
We do not share Member information unless written permission is given by the Member, Any information provided to us will be used with the sole intention of providing a trusted, safe and secure list of dog walkers and sitters for consultation and use by the public. Data is never shared, sold or passed on.
We may contact Members regarding sales and offers, or Association news. You will be given the opportunity to opt out of these communications.
To join the DWSA is to agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and professional standards expected. The DWSA reserves the right to revoke membership and delete Members from the DWSA Directory for any reason.
END USER DISCLAIMER
To use our directory as a member of the public seeking a dog walker or sitter, is to agree to the following terms and conditions. The DWSA offers the list of dog walkers and sitters free of charge. We have done everything in our power to ensure dog walkers and dog sitters listed are reputable and trustworthy, and they have in turn, agreed to abide by our Code of Conduct. The DWSA is not and cannot be held liable or responsible for any damage, harm, loss, theft or injury incurred, physically, emotionally, financially or psychologically, as a result of employing the services of a DWSA Member.